Coping with Loss Group meets Feb. 27
The Beginning Experience, a non-denominational group to help widowed, separated and divorced individuals work through the various levels of grief, will meet on six consecutive Tuesday evenings beginning Feb. 27, 7 to 9 p.m. in the library at Delaware Tech, Georgetown.
The group is guided by trained team leaders who have themselves experienced and worked through the pain of loss and are eager to share with others who are in earlier stages of their struggle through the grieving process.
The aim of the group is to help individuals work through their loss and find new meaning, happiness and spiritual growth in their lives. Anyone who has lost a partner through death, separation or divorce is encouraged to attend.
Those interested may register with the Delaware Tech Continuing Education Dept. by calling (302) 856-5384. Registration fee is $20.
For more information, Mary Kay at 875-3751, Bill at 644-2840, or Margaret at 629-4735.
Nanticoke to offer 'Think Lite' program
Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, Seaford, will be offering a weight management program, entitled "Think Lite," beginning March 1. The 8-week, 1-hour course will be held at Nanticoke's Positive Steps Fitness Center. The cost of the course is $100.
The program is designed to promote weight control through living a healthier lifestyle. Educational topics during the course include:
* Introduction and nutrition facts and fallacies
* Truths about weight loss and exercise for weight management
* Introduction to resistance training
* Psychology of eating, body image and positive thinking
* Facts about fats
* Never do it hungry... Grocery shopping that is
* Pathway to a healthier Lifestyle
* You did it! Support for the future
In addition, the program includes access to Nanticoke Health Service's Positive Steps Fitness Center (during supervised hours). Participants will also receive:
* Body composition, taken before exercise program begins and at the conclusion of the program
* A Personalized exercise program
To learn more about the program or to pre-register contact Nanticoke's Health Education line at 629-6611, extension 2604.