Day in the Park is June 1
The 26th annual Delmarva’s Day In The Park Festival in Delmar will be Saturday, June 1, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the State Street Park. The festival will consist of food, crafts, drawings, games, activities and entertainment. Booth rental prices start at $25 and more information can be obtained by calling the chamber at 846-3336. The Delmar Chamber of Commerce will sponsor a town-wide yard sale on the same day. Residents may call the chamber to get their yard sale listed for free in advertisements.
Town Wide Yard Sale, June 1st
The Greater Delmar Chamber of Commerce will be sponsoring a Town Wide Yard Sale and Town Wide Merchant Sidewalk Sale on Saturday, June 1st in connection with the 26th Annual Delmarva's Day In The Park Festival. Any Delmar resident wishing to hold their yard sale on this date, please contact the Chamber of Commerce so that we can include your sale on our advertising. We will list your yard sale address and start time for FREE!!! Call the Chamber of Commerce voicemail at (302) 846-3336 or email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Bi-Staters’ Coffee Talk
Congratulations to Tallie Renee’ Figgs on receiving her degree in human service technology at the graduation service held Tuesday, May 21, at Delaware Technical and Community College. She resides in Delmar with her husband Lonnie and two sons, Seth and Luke.
Tucker and Bonnie Ellis spent several days in Baltimore to attend the graduation of their daughter-in-law and son. Karen Ellis received her doctorate in biochemistry from University of Maryland Medical Center.
Thursday, June 13, there will be a Shorebirds game and pre-game Christian concert, featuring Natalie Grant. The concert will start at 5 p.m. and the game against the Charleston Alleycats will get under way at 6:35 p.m. at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium. A picnic pavilion ticket, which includes the concert, an all-you-can-eat buffet and the game, costs $17. A general admission ticket costs $6, $4 per person if part of a group of 10 or more. For details, call 410-219-3112.
On Saturday, June 1, the Delmar Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring its 26th annual Delmar Day in the Park at the State Street Park in Delmar (rain or shine). There will be all types of activities and food for the whole family. The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
News from the Delmar Middle and Senior High School:
- Delmar Middle School has been honored as a Title I school that earned a school performance rating of superior.
- The following students were selected as MBNA scholars: Jeffrey Wright, Tanya Duncan and Dannaile Holston. Jeffrey also represented Delmar as the Secretary of Education’s Student Scholar.
- Jessica Matthews has been awarded the Delaware Tech Incentive Scholarship and Stephen Townsend will serve as the alternate.
- Chris Hudson and Jon Workman placed second in Technology Problem Solving and Chris Green and Guy Bruni placed second in Flight Endurance at the Technology Student Association State Competition.
- Shay McPhail, the English and language arts middle school teacher, has been named the Teacher of the Year by the Delaware Association of Teachers.
- David Burton Sr. has been recognized by the State of Delaware as a “Social Studies Teacher Who Makes a Difference.”
- David Hearn was featured in the May issue of Metropolitan Magazine as part of a story on champions.
Special happy birthday wishes to Barbara Tull on June 3 from Delores Jones. Now you’re as old as I am. Have a great one!
Other people who are celebrating birthdays are: May 26 - Mary Ellen Jones; May 27 - Jack Morris and Sylvia Johnson; May 30 - Shirley Morris, Kylie Lee Dykes, Bryn Crossan and John L. Sparrow Jr.; June 4 - Debbie Trice.
Thought for the week: Look to your health; and if you have it, praise God and value it next to conscience; for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of, a blessing money can’t buy — Izaak Walton