Still time to register for pageant
Contestants can now register for the 2004 Little and Jr. Miss Riverfest Pageant on Saturday, July 10, at 10 a.m. on the entertainment stage during the Nanticoke Riverfest in downtown Seaford. Little Miss contestants should be between the ages of three and six and Jr. Miss contestants should be between the ages of seven and 10.
All participants will receive a gift bag. The cost to register is $5. Call 629-9173 for more information or to register.
Seaford District Library news
Here is what’s happening at the Seaford District Library for the week of July 8-15:
All programs are free and open to the public.
- Manor House Book Club meets at 1001 Middleford Road, at 10:30 a.m., on Thursday, July 15. The discussion will be on the book, “The Weather in Berlin,” by Ward Just. Everyone is invited.
- Summer Reading Program, “Through the Forest Door” with Michael Forestieri, on July 15, at 11 a.m.
- Creative Memory Scrap-booking Program, Tuesday, July 20, at 6 p.m. Pre-registration and a $10 registration fee for supplies are required by July 13. You will need to bring five or six photos for this program that can be cut. Come in and register today.
- Story time every Wednesday, at 10 a.m., for preschoolers. Enjoy stories, songs, finger plays and crafts.
- The Seaford Library is preparing for the 4th Annual International Festival held in October. We are currently looking for people of different nationalities, as well as anyone who has traveled abroad and has artifacts, that would like to volunteer to conduct a presentation. Contact Thelma E. Jones if you are interested in participating for this month long celebration at 629-2524.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Seaford District library will be hosting a “Creative Memories Scrapbooking” Program, with Kristi Whitman on July 20, from 6-8 p.m. Pre-registration and a $10 fee for supplies are required by July 13. Participants will need to bring five or six photos that can be cut.
Kristi Whitman resides in Lincoln, and has been enjoying scrapbooking for two years. She has also been a consultant for one year. She has taught several classes, home shows, sets up at various craft shows, and holds a once a month all-day crop.
AARP Widowed Persons
The Seaford Chapter of the AARP-Widowed Persons Service meets Tuesday, July 20, 12:30 p.m. at the Golden Corral. The planned guest speaker will be Mike McGroerty, attorney-at-law. All widowed persons of all ages are invited to attend.
Republican Candidates’ Dinner
Plans are under way for a Republican Candidates’ Dinner. An opportunity to meet with 2004 Republican candidates and hear their agendas. Tickets will be available from Seaford Republican Women’s Club members and details will follow. Anne Nesbitt is handling arrangements.