AARP Widowed Persons
The Seaford Chapter of the AARP-Widowed Persons Service meets Tuesday, July 20, 12:30 p.m. at the Golden Corral. The planned guest speaker will be Mike McGroerty, attorney-at-law. All widowed persons of all ages are invited to attend.
Ladies ministries Yard Sale
Clarence Street Church of God annual ladies ministries yard sale is Saturday, July 17, Nutter Park, Collins Avenue, Seaford, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. The youth of the church will be selling baked goods, sodas and frozen cups.
Republican Candidates’ Dinner
Plans are under way for a Republican Candidates’ Dinner. An opportunity to meet with 2004 Republican candidates and hear their agendas. Tickets will be available from Seaford Republican Women’s Club members and details will follow. Anne Nesbitt is handling arrangements.
Seaford Downtown Business Association meets Monday, July 19, 7 a.m., for breakfast at Autumn Bay Eatery, 324 High St., Seaford. New membership is encouraged and always welcome. This meeting will discuss upcoming events in Seaford such as the Christmas Parade and the Vietnam Vets Moving Wall.
Seaford Elks Luau Aug. 14
The Seaford Elk Lodge, located on Elk Road in Seaford,is proud to present to the community, their annual Luau on Saturday, Aug. 14. Seaford’s own Tony Windsor will be the featured floor show attraction with his tribute to “Elvis, the Legend.” The show will be 50 minutes long after which the lodge’s own fabulous male Hula dancers will compete to win the Hula Contest. DJ great Paul Foskey will spin Bib Band sounds and Old Rock N’ Roll from 9 p.m until midnight. Bar opens at 5:30, hors d’oeuvres at 6 p.m., dinner at 7. Menu: country style barbeque spare ribs, fried chicken, ham, parslied buttered potatoes, string beans almandine, tossed salad, coffee, rolls, and assorted desserts. Cost is $15 each or $30 a couple. For more information or to obtain tickets, call Janice Cecil at 875-3810, The Fantasy Beauty Shop on High Street, Seaford at 629-6762, or the bar in the lodge, 629-2458. This event is always a sell-out. Get your tickets early.
Seaford District Library weekly events
Here is what’s happening at the Seaford District Library for the week of July 15- July 22:
- Summer Reading Program “Through the Forest Door” w/ Michael Forestieri on July 15, at 11 a.m.
- Creative Memory Scrap-booking Program Tues. July 20, at 6 p.m.
- Pre-registration and a $10 registration fee for supplies are required by July 13th. You will need to bring 5-6 photos for this program that can be cut. Please come in and register today!
- Rehoboth Children’s Theatre presents “Robin Hood” on Thurday, July 22, at 11 p.m.
- Story time every Wednesday at10 a.m. for preschoolers. Enjoy stories, songs, finger plays and crafts.
- The Seaford Library is preparing for the 4th Annual International Festival held in October. We are looking for people of different nationalities, and anyone who has traveled abroad and has artifacts, that would like to volunteer to conduct a presentation. Contact Thelma E. Jones if you are interested in participating for this month-long celebration at 629-2524.