Laurel Music in the Park
Last Music in the Park for this year, Market Street, Laurel, Thursday, Aug. 29 from 6:30-8 p.m., will be Rob Caroll.
Laurel Ruritan Club BBQ
The Laurel Ruritan Club will have a chicken BBQ on Saturday, Aug. 31, from 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., at O’Neal’s Antiques, Rt. 13, Laurel. Cost is $5 per dinner. Proceeds to benefit local charities.
Laurel Library closing
The Laurel Public Library will be closed on Monday, Sept. 2, for Labor Day.
Laurel Lioness Club
The Laurel Lioness Club will not be sponsoring the Advanced Defensive Driving Course this year. The number to call to find out dates through the Delaware Safety Council is 1-800-342-2287 or call Ruth Feeney at 875-5354 for more information.
Centenary UMC plans for 200th anniversary
Centenary United Methodist Church, Poplar and Market streets, Laurel, is planning its 200th anniversary.
The following events have been scheduled:
- Saturday, Sept. 7: Ice Cream Festival, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 22: Dedication Service and Unveiling of Historic Church Marker with Bishop Peter Weaver.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 24 and 25: 50th Annual Antique Show and Sale.
- Saturday, Oct. 12: Teen Dance, “Forever Moon,” a Lam-Jam Group. Debbie Morgan is in charge of the dance.
- Saturday, Oct. 19: Church Organ and Handbell Recital.
- Sunday, Oct. 20: Homecoming Dinner held at Laurel Fire Hall, at 2 p.m., with special music.