LSHS open house tonight
Laurel Senior High School is holding an Open House for students, parents and the community on Thursday, Sept. 12, at 7 p.m. Parents may follow their students’ schedules and meet their teachers. The evening will begin in the auditorium with a program entitled, “Parent-to-Parent: Keeping Healthy Families Healthy.”
Laurel Music in the Park
Laurel is holding Music in the Park on Thursdays, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.: Sept. 12 will feature the Grandpajammers; Sept. 19 will feature the winner of the 4th of July Talent Show, Charlie Davis; Sept. 26 will feature Michael Truitt.
Kayak at Trap Pond
Kayak the Still Waters at Trap Pond State Park on Saturdays, Sept. 14, 21, 28, at 2 p.m., and Sundays, Sept. 8, 15, 22, 29, at 11 a.m. Pre-register by calling the nature center at 875-5163. Cost is $10.
‘Pig Pickin’ Sept. 15
Friends for Representative “Biff” Lee will hold their 15th annual “Pig Pickin’” at the Laurel Fire Hall, Saturday, Sept. 15, from 4 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 and may be purchased from Richard Small, Biff Lee or at the door.
Laurel Lioness Bingo
Laurel Lioness Club members are selling tickets for their Longaberger Basket Bingo to be held on Sept. 24, at the Laurel Fire Department beginning at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door, 875-7257.
Centenary UMC plans for 200th anniversary
Centenary United Methodist Church, Poplar and Market streets, Laurel, is planning its 200th anniversary.
The following events have been scheduled:
- Sunday, Sept. 22: Dedication Service and Unveiling of Historic Church Marker.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 24 and 25: 50th Annual Antique Show and Sale.
- Saturday, Oct. 12: Teen Dance, “Forever Moon,” a Lam-Jam Group. Debbie Morgan is in charge of the dance.
- Saturday, Oct. 19: Church Organ and Handbell Recital.
- Sunday, Oct. 20: Homecoming Dinner held at Laurel Fire Hall, at 2 p.m., with special music.