Kayak at Trap Pond
Kayak the Still Waters at Trap Pond State Park on Saturdays, Sept. 21 and 28, at 2 p.m., and Sundays, Sept. 22 and 29, at 11 a.m. All programs meet at the Bald Cypress Nature Center; Pre-register by calling the nature center at 875-5163. Cost is $10 a person.
Lioness Basket Bingo
Laurel Lioness Club members are selling tickets for their Longaberger Basket Bingo to be held on Sept. 24, at the Laurel Fire Hall beginning at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Tickets are available at His & Hers and O’Neal’s Jewelers in Laurel or call Brenda Elliott at 875-7257.
The club members are selling chances for a Spring-fest Weekend in Ocean City, Md., on May 2 & 3, 2003, at the Atlantis Condominium. Winner also will receive $200 in cash. Tickets are $3 each or 2 for $5. Contact any Lioness member .
Centenary UMC plans for 200th anniversary
Centenary United Methodist Church, Poplar and Market streets, Laurel, is planning its 200th anniversary.
The following events have been scheduled:
- Sunday, Sept. 22: Dedication Service and Unveiling of Historic Church Marker.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept. 24 and 25: 50th Annual Antique Show and Sale.
- Saturday, Oct. 12: Teen Dance, “Forever Moon,” a Lam-Jam Group. Debbie Morgan is in charge of the dance.
- Saturday, Oct. 19: Church Organ and Handbell Recital.
- Sunday, Oct. 20: Homecoming Dinner held at Laurel Fire Hall, at 2 p.m., with special music.
Laurel Music in the Park
Laurel will be holding its Music in the Park on Thursdays, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.: Sept. 19 will feature the winner of the 4th of July Talent Show, Charlie Davis; and Sept. 26 will feature Michael Truitt.