Classes at St. John's UMC
The following classes will be offered at St. John's United Methodist Church in Seaford before and after the community dinner ($3 donation) on Wednesday nights, beginning Jan. 18, and continuing through the spring. Everyone is invited to participate. Call the church office 629-9466 for more information. Come for dinner and join us in a class.
Explore what gives you passion and why that is.
- It's Not About Me (Max Lucado): Leader, Bob Daley, 6:30 p.m. Learn how to be changed and experience the meaning-charged life we were meant to have.
- Christian Believer: Leader, Boyd Etter (3:30 & 6:30 p.m.) Knowing God with heart and mind.
- 1,2,3 Parenting: Leader, Connie Hastings, 6:30 p.m. How to get your kids to stop doing what you don't want them to do and start doing what you do want them to do.
- Destined: Leader, Steve Adkins (continuing) 7 p.m., Intensive discipleship training.
- Bible Basics: Leader, Gail Phillips, 3:30 and 6:30 p.m., plus Sunday mornings. An introduction to reading the Bible.
- Old Testament Disciple: Leader, Sam Harris, 3:30 and 6:30 p.m., Eight-week introduction to the Old Testament.
- Your Finances In Changing Times: Leader, Bob Wheatley, 6:30 p.m., Seminar on the biblical principles of finance.
- Great Preachers: Leader, Bob Hastings 6:30 p.m. View and discuss sermons of today's great preachers.
- Finding our life focus (young adult): Leader Steve Thurnau, 6:30 p.m.,
- "Reel To Real" (Youth): Leader, Karen Thurnau & Boe Harris, 6:30 p.m. View movies and discuss their impact on life.
- Kingdom Kids (Kindergarten-5th Grade): Leader, Denise Jones, 6:30 p.m. Christian activities for children.
Latin Mass Jan. 15
A Latin mass according to the Missal of 1962 is celebrated on the third Sunday of every month at 3 p.m. at Holy Cross Church in Dover. The mass will be celebrated on Jan. 15. The mass is always a Missa Cantata using traditional Gregorian chant. For further information, call 302-674-5781.
Union U.M.C. dinner Jan. 25
Union United Methodist Church, 2 N. Laws St., Bridgeville (across from the bank), will be having its monthly 'Union Station Diner' on Wednesday, Jan. 25, from 5-7 p.m. The dinner will be spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, garden salad, applesauce and assorted deserts. The cost is $7 for adults; $3.50 for children 12 and under. Proceeds benefit the church. Call the church for any questions, 337-7409
Skyline Boys quartet
Seaford Church of the Nazarene will be having a southern gospel concert featuring the Skyline Boys Quartet on Saturday, Jan. 28, at 7 p.m. There is no admission charge; a love offering will be taken to support the ministry of the group. The Seaford Church of the Nazarene is located at 520 S. Dual Highway in Seaford. For more information contact the Rev. Glen Clouser at 629-3929 or 381-6514.